Do you have an environmental project in mind or would like some support for work that you are already doing?
Generous donations from our members (and others), has placed Capricorn Conservation Council in a position to offer to some financial support to groups or individuals wanting to undertake projects which support the objectives of CCC.
By way of background, our Constitution allows us to manage a Public Donations Fund. All donations, bequests or gifts of property we receive are credited to a Public Donations Fund and are made available for environmental purposes defined as:
- The protection and enhancement of the natural environment or a significant aspect of the natural environment in Central Queensland; or
- A purpose relating to the dissemination of information, the provision of education, or the carrying on of research about the natural environment or a significant aspect of the environment.
The CCC Management Committee will assess and rank applications against the following criteria:
- The project is consistent with the objectives of CCC
- There are sufficient funds available in the Public Donations Fund
- The project will benefit the Central Queensland region
- There is a reasonable prospect of a successful outcome from the project, and
- The funding of the project is likely to withstand public scrutiny of the use of public donations.
The next step is for the Management Committee to provide a recommendation to the CCC Administrative Committee for their final decision. There is more detail about the process in the CCC Public Donations Fund policy
Applications will be accepted until close of business 15 July 2022.